A large luxurious home in the heart of Ambleside
This wonderful contemporary property has been given a luxurious makeover this year and offered for your pleasure. All on one level, a beautiful large open plan living-dining-kitchen with floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the garden terrace and views, well fitted ensuite bathrooms for each of the double rooms, and space for the whole family to relax with the separate games room-snug. Located in a lovely quiet part of Ambleside only a short walk from the heart of this lively town.
Beautifully fitted out with everything you will need for families or groups up to 10, with a large Master suite with bathroom and seating area, 2 kingsize ensuite rooms and 2 twin rooms. Each bedroom has floor to ceiling windows. The large open plan living-dining-kitchen room with floor to ceiling windows has views out across the garden and distant views of Windermere. The well fitted kitchen is designed around the kitchen island with bar stools, and there are large sliding glass doors that open out onto the terrace with outside seating and gas BBQ. The kitchen opens out onto the spacious living-dining area where there is ample seating around the dining table, and room for everyone to relax.
The outside terraced area has comfortable seating to enjoy summer evenings, and further seating in the raised area of the gardens behind the house. The gardens provide a lovely quiet retreat, with mature planting, care of the former owner who was the founder of Hayes Garden Centre in Ambleside. The gardens are south facing and capture the sun long into the evening.
To the front, the drive has ample space to park 3 to 4 cars. There is an ornamental pond, and the side gate provides access to the terrace and gardens behind the house.
Close to Ambleside, within easy walking distance of the centre (even closer to the Golden Rule, or indeed Garside’s Butchers on North Road for one of the best local pies etc) Sweden Close is only 5 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle with all that this lovely town has to offer. Heading for the hills and you will find the Fairfield Horseshoe on the doorstep, to name just one – no need for the car unless you want to venture further afield to Keswick (the Lakes Distillery is highly recommended).
Summary of facilities:
• All on ground level, with steps up to the front door
• Five bedrooms – 3 ensuite and 2 sharing a family bathroom
• Snug/Games room
• Master suite with Super King bed and ensuite, 2 kingsize rooms with ensuite bathtooms, and 2 twin rooms with zip and link, sharing the family bathroom.
• Cloakroom with basin and WC off the main hallway
• Open plan kitchen with breakfast bar seating, open to living and dining areas
• Open plan sitting room with dining area
• Separate utility room, with washing machine, tumble dryer, and drying area for kit.
• Gas central heating in bedrooms
• Underfloor heating on ground level in living-dining-kitchen, and entrance hall
• Two electric ovens – steam oven and two warming drawers, induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, large flat screen TV in the living room and in the master suite, Nespresso coffee machine (vertuo capsules).
• Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
• Private parking for up to 4 cars
• Sorry no smoking
• Two well-behaved dogs welcome – subject to an
• Large mature planted gardens, with lawned area
• Outside terrace with seating and gas BBQ
• Pub – Golden Rule, about 5-10 walk away, possibly 20 minute walk back!
• Short walk into the town centre
Please note: booking this property requires a damage deposit of £1000 which will be taken just before arrival.